Hussam Masri, from 7iber, listed 5 lessons he learnt from Soraya Salti.
Soraya, was a successful entrepreneur who was named one of the 100 most powerful Arab women by Arabian Business in 2013. She was the founder of Injaz, an education initiative that aims to empower youth and promote entrepreneurship across the Arab world. After her recent death, Hussam decided to write 5 lessons he learnt from her.
- The hardest step in any success is to begin, if you believe in something, plan and start right away, the time is always ‘now’ – you’ll make mistakes, but that’s the only way you grow.
- After you start, you will only succeed with your team. Take care of your people: give credit when it’s due, when you succeed it’s because of them, when they fail, it’s on you.
- Stay positive, be patient, remain cheerful. You can win the world with a smile. No matter how good or bad it gets, it’s a journey that we should always celebrate.
- See the best in every person, everyone is the best at something, learn from everyone, and be there for anyone that seeks to learn from you. Never forget those that lent you hand when you needed one, we’re all in it together.
- Once you succeed, no matter how much you succeed, stay hungry, stay curious and always, always, always be humble.
You can read the full post on the Jordanian website, 7iber.